LEVEL 3 FEE PAYERS INFORMATION
The Level 3 Diploma is a self study qualification which can be completed at your own pace. There is some flexibility within the Diploma, allowing you to select units that are most appropriate to your circumstances.
The qualification consists of 4 mandatory units:
- RCM3 A1 M/600/4896 Plan diets and implement feeding regimes for horses
- RCM3 A2 A/600/3797 Monitor and maintain stocks of feed and bedding
- RCM3 A3 T/600/3801 Promote the health and well-being of horses
- RCM3 A4 A/600/3802 Deliver basic health care treatment to horses
A choice of 3 optional units from the following:
- RCM3 B1 J/600/3804 Tack up horses for specialist work
- RCM3 B2 Y/600/3807 Prepare horses for public appearance
- RCM3 B3 D/600/3811 Clip Horses
- RCM3 B4 H/600/4913 Prepare and maintain grazing land for horses
- RCM3 B5 J/600/8517 Manage horses when turned out
- RCM3 B6 F/601/7846 Transport horses by road on long journeys –attendant or RCM3 B7 H/601/7807 Transport horses by road on long journeys –attendant/driver
And one of the following pathways:
Pathway C – EXERCISE RIDING PATHWAY
- RCM3 C1 Y/600/3841 Carry out racecourse procedures
- RCM3 C2 H/600/3843 Prepare horses for saddling up and the parade ring
- RCM3 C3 D/600/3839 Ride racehorses to improve performance
- RCM3 C4 R/600/3840 School racehorses
Pathway D – SPECIALIST RACEHORSE CARE PATHWAY
- RCM3 D1 Y/600/3841 Carry out racecourse procedures
- RCM3 D2 H/600/3843 Prepare horses for saddling up and the parade ring
- RCM3 D3 K/600/3844 Contribute to the design and implementation of training programmes for racehorses
- RCM3 D4 K/600/8512 Contribute to the evaluation and modification of training programmes for racehorses
Pathway F – TRAINING THE YOUNG HORSE PATHWAY
- RCM3 F1 M/600/3814 Introduce young horses to equipment
- RCM3 F2 L/600/3819 Contribute to training from the ground
NB this pathway cannot be chosen if the Level 3 Diploma is to be used towards achieving a racehorse trainer’s license.
Detailed standards for each unit of the qualification can be found here BHEST Level 3 Dip Work Based Racehorse Care and Management.
The course fees to undertake this qualification with the National Horseracing College are £400. These cover registration, a copy of the Level 3 workbook, portfolio guidance and one assessment day at the National Horseracing College. (Should you require any training towards the qualification this can be arranged but would incur additional costs.)
Following registration, you will decide which optional units you wish to take, through discussion with your assessor and will receive a log-in to your portfolio account. Through this log in you will be able to access worksheets and assignments, complete them at your own pace and re-post them for your assessor to mark.
The time taken to achieve the qualification depends entirely on length of time it takes you to complete your portfolio. Typically a portfolio is made up of assignments, witness testimonies, photographic and video evidence to support the knowledge and practical skills you’ll demonstrate during the assessment day.
Please note: you should be working with Thoroughbred racehorses to undertake this qualification.
When your assessor is satisfied with your portfolio content you will be offered an assessment day at the National Horseracing College. The college is the preferred location as it is imperative there are no interruptions for assessment to be completed in a single day. Should additional assessment time be required it is at a cost of £200 per day.
It is normally possible to arrange assessment within 30 days of receiving your completed portfolio. If there is a set date by which you would like to have achieved your Level 3 please ensure that your work is submitted well in advance of that date and make your assessor aware of the timescale you are working to. We will make every effort to accommodate short notice requests for assessment days but cannot guarantee these will be met.
If you wish to commence the qualification please complete a registration form NHC Application Formand return it to the College F.A.O. Julia Kajtar, together with a cheque for £400.00 made payable to ‘NHC Trading Ltd’.
For further information please contact Julia Kajtar on: 01302 861000.