The College boasts two wood-chip gallops. The oval, seven furlong gallop lends itself well to endurance and stamina training, while the straight gallop seven furlongs is perfect for interval training.
The straight gallop is on a gradient and is largely open, while the oval gallop is fully railed and benefits from furlong markers.
Covid-19 Update | Equine Facilities open as of 1st June 2020
- There will be a strict 30-minute gap between bookings. This will give clients a chance to end their session, load, and leave the site promptly.
- If there are other visitors in the car park, horseboxes/trailers are to be parked 5-metres apart.
- Clients are to observe social distancing at all times, and if they come across NHC staff members they are to remain 2-metres away from them.
- All horses must have a valid 12-month vaccination, spot checks will be carried out throughout each day.
- The Government announced that from the 1st June, personal training or coaching would be permitted outside and if people remained 2-metres apart. This means that group lessons/clinics of up to 5 people from separate households, plus 1 coach can run on our round gallops. THE COACH IS TO MAKE THE BOOKING.
- If you bring another member of your family to help with your horse, they must stay in the vehicle once ready.
- We have ample parking to comply with COVID-19 social distancing rules. However, horses are NOT to be left tied up outside the vehicle.
- Toilets will be open but are only to be used if absolutely necessary.
- We will ensure extra cleaning of hard surfaces that might be touched by users.
- Anyone who is symptomatic or suspects they have been exposed to the virus is not to travel to the NHC, they are to remain at home.
HOW TO BOOK
All hires will be pre-booked and paid for over the telephone so there will be no contact on-site at all. Bookings can be made by calling (07392) 085785 Monday – Friday 9.00am until 3.00pm – this is the only number bookings will be taken on.
Please be aware that we will always adhere to Government advice, and therefore the criteria above may be subject to change.
Equine Influenza Vaccination Policy
As of April 2020, we are following British Horseracing Authority (BHA) Equine Influenza Vaccination ruling. During the remainder of 2020, for a horse or pony to be eligible to compete/travel in Britain it will be necessary to have received an approved equine influenza vaccination within the last 12 months, instead of the existing 6-month requirement, due to the coronavirus outbreak. The 12-month approach reflects the policy that was in place in Britain prior to 2019.
Therefore, horses and ponies that enter our site for shows, clinics, training days and competitions must have Equine Influenza vaccinations that comply with the 12-month ruling. Show organisers will check ALL passports on arrival and the venue will also carry out passport checks where necessary. Please have your passport ready to present to show secretaries at entries and when asked to be seen by a member of National Horseracing College staff.
To discuss equine facilities, conference, catering requirements or our Equine Flu policy, please call us on 01302 861000 or email J.Walker@theNHC.co.uk