Learners who successfully complete the Foundation Course and demonstrate their aptitude and commitment will be secured employment in a racing yard and will undertake the Level 2 Apprenticeship. This programme will include a Level 2 Equine Groom Apprenticeship Standard together with Functional Skills in English and Maths at a minimum Level 1.
- Completed largely at the learner’s place of work.
- Roving Tutor visits every 6 – 8 weeks with a final one-day assessment.
- Open to anyone aged 16 or over, who work more than 30 hours per week in a licensed racing stable.
- The Level 2 Apprenticeship is linked to the scale 2 racing wage.
- Successful completion can lead onto the Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Work-Based Learning Support
The NHC has created online resource pages to support Work-Based Learning for those working towards Level 2 Functional Skills maths and English. They are made through the padlet platform, which works well on mobile devices. Click below to visit pages for both English and Maths.