Doncaster Equine College Annual Indoor Fun Show
Pre-entries are £6.00 per class
Pre-entries available at Equo Events: Close Wednesday 1st May 2019
Entries on the day Cash £7.00 per class or three classes for £18.00 and £1 First Aid
Entries taken on the day cash only
Download the Schedule
Excellent Rosettes, Sashes and Prizes
Indoor Arenas with Excellent Surfaces
Fun Day out Suitable for the Whole Family
Sheltered Viewing galleries
Hot and Cold Food and Drink
National Horseracing College Student Demonstrations
Meet the Horses
Fun Dog show
Show Secretary: Miss Georgina Ridal
Tel 01302 861008
Rules of Entry
When entering a pony / horse it is a condition of entry that these rules are abided by.
1. It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure they are present in the ring at the start of the class.
2. Refunds of class fees will not be given if exhibitors miss their class.
3. The Judge’s decision is final.
4. The judge may withhold any prize where there is an evident want of merit.
5. Riders of stallions must be aged 12 years + for small breeds and 14 years + for large breeds.
6. Objections – Any objections to be made in writing to the Secretary with a deposit of £30.00 cash, which will be returned if the objection is upheld. All objections must be made within 30 minutes of the class taking place.
7. The NHC accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any person or their property whilst on the site, car parks or approaches. All entries are subject to these conditions.
8. Exhibitors alone are solely responsible for the accuracy and eligibility of their entries. No entry will be accepted unless accompanied with the correct fee. In the event of an entry proving incorrect, (whether by mistake or otherwise), the entry fee will not be returned.
9. An Exhibitor may not exhibit a pony / horse bred, sold, leased or produced by the Judge, their immediate family or their employer.
10. The show reserves the right to expel from the class or Showground any animal not considered to be under control, especially where a danger to the public could be created.
11. The show reserves the right to cancel, amalgamate or divide any class should entries so warrant.
12. No substitute or nomination entries will be allowed.
13. In the event of the Show being cancelled by events beyond our control, a 50% administration fee will be deducted from each Exhibitor.
14. All persons entering the Showground must have personal third party insurance.
15. This Show operates under the NHC Child and Vulnerable Persons Protection Policy.
16. Show canes and whips must not be more than 30 inches long.
17. Ponies / horses must leave the ring at walk.
18. Correctly secured skull caps/riding hats must be worn at all times whilst mounted and to be to current BSI Standard.
19. Foals must accompany mares in the ring and be at least three weeks old on the day of the Show.
20. All Stallions and Colts must be licenced as stipulated by their relevant breed society and must be handled by a person over 14 years of age and be adequately bitted and under control.
21. No litter to be left on the Showground. CLEANING OUT HORSEBOXES & TRAILERS IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
22. All Exhibitors must be wearing the allocated number for the Exhibit when entering the ring;
23. Dogs must be on a lead and supervised at all times.
24. Handlers and Grooms must be appropriately dressed.
25. Anyone found to be mistreating a horse or pony may be asked to leave the show ground, and reported to the appropriate body.
26. All horses and ponies must have a valid passport which should accompany the animal on show days.
27. Handlers in In-Hand class’s ages 14 years and under, must wear a correctly secured current British Standard skull cap or riding hat.
28. Rosettes to 6th place in all classes
29. All horses tied to a lorry or trailer MUST be supervised at all times. Any horses left unattended should be safely secured in the lorry.
Please note that putting our address into a SatNav does not always get you to the correct location. Please check these directions before setting off.
A1 TRAVELLING SOUTH BOUND
1. Leave A1 at junction 35, then join the M18 motorway signposted “The North”. 2. Leave the M18 at junction 3, the A6182 exit to Doncaster 3. At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the “Great Yorkshire Way” / A6182 4. At the roundabout take the 1st exit to stay on “Geat Yorkshire Way”. 5. At the roundabout take the second exit to stay on the “Great Yorkshire Way”. 6. At the next set of traffic lights take your right lane and keep straight following the A638/Great North Road 7. Continue passed the Mount Pleasant hotel on your right. 8. Continue passed the next left turning signposted Austerfield 9. The National Horseracing College is on the right hand side after this.
A1 TRAVELLING NORTH BOUND
1. Leave the A1 at junction 34. On the 1st roundabout take the 4th exit, then at the 2nd roundabout take the first exit onto the A614, signposted Bawtry. 2. At the roundabout take the first exit onto the A638 signposted Bawtry. 3. Entering Bawtry continue straight on, A638 (Great North Road) signposted Doncaster 4. Keep on the A638 and you will pass a caravan centre on your right, followed by a water tower on your left, and then the paintball fields and RSPCA Centre- also on your left. Approximately 50 yards further on you will see the NHC gallops on the left hand side 5. The entrance to the NHC is signposted about 100 yards further on your left.
1. Leave M1 at junction 32, then join the M18 motorway signposted “The North”. 2. Leave the M18 at junction 3, the A6182 exit to Doncaster 3. At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the “Great Yorkshire Way” / A6182 4. At the roundabout take the 1st exit to stay on great Yorkshire way 5. At the parrots corner traffic lights keep in the middle lane going straight. 6. At the roundabout take the second exit to stay on the “Great Yorkshire Way”. 7. At the next set of traffic lights take your right lane and keep straight following the A638/Great North Road 8. Continue passed the Mount Pleasant hotel on your right. 8. Continue passed the next left turning signposted Austerfield 9. The National Horseracing College is on the right hand side after this.